It’s common for people to call Granite Foundation Repair and ask for a ballpark estimate, the cost to repair a foundation. In the Dallas Fort Worth and Plano area a concrete slab foundation repair typically costs in the range of $2000 to $10000.
Seven (7) factors effecting a foundation repair estimate:
- Extent of foundation damage. Amount of movement across the structure.
- Structural integrity of the concrete slab foundation: thick slab, thin slab, reinforcing steel, and beam strength and placement.
- Height of the house. Structural weight has a direct bearing upon pier placement.
- Foundation repair method: steel pilings, concrete pilings, helical piers.
- Root cause analysis of the foundation problem – perhaps drainage correction will solve the problem.
- House owner’s objective – short term fix or permanent repair.
- City requirements including permits and engineering reports.
Let’s not forget one other essential part of the cost of foundation repair, and that is the integrity of the company performing the foundation repair. A few companies will take short cuts with your foundation repair, beginning with the initial evaluation and carrying right through to pier installation.